Wednesday, October 15, 2014

IJS Keep It 100

I know it's been awhile since I've post about a song, but what better come back then sharing another one of my son's song, "IJS Keep It 100".  He's getting more and more recognition for his music and he's so much more comfortable on stage then ever before. 

Every song he writes comes from his personal experience and sometimes it makes me laugh but then other times, it makes me cry.  He writes with a passion and he's good at what he does.  A little more consistent and persistent, he'll make it. 

"I'm Just Saying, Keep It 100" has a twist of humor to it.  I listened to it the first time and had to smile because only my son would write a song of complain rather then a love song.  LOL.  It's the story of his life.  Some of the comments on Soundcloud are hilarious.  One comment goes,  "It's about time I sing a song like this to my lady."  This is just part of the lyrics:

"...Baby, tell me what you're gonna do?  
When all you do is lay around, watching ev'ry drama on your Timeline. 
We don't need your Facebook, all of them fake friends....
I'm just sayin, Keep it one hundred babe."

On Soundcloud he reached almost 200,000 in only a couple months.  He performs locally and has more request for out-of-state appearances.  I'm so excited for him.  Music has always been a big part of our family.  I'm just glad he didn't give up on this great talent.  There's always room for variety of beautiful music in this world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment