Saturday, February 27, 2016

7 years

First heard of Lukas Graham through my son Mahonrai who is serving a mission now.  One of his favorite song back then was "Drunk in The Morning".  I came across 7 years a couple days ago while listening to my son's songs on Soundcloud and 7 years was promoted.  Listened to it and I was hooked.  Mainly because, it gives a timeline that makes me hold my breath while assessing my own life.  7 years, 11 years, 30 years and soon to be 60 years old.

How amazing all our lives are.  The chance to just have lived in this world and breath.  The bodies that we each have, whether perfect or not is still a wonderment on each own.  That we came, we lived and then we die.  Reminiscing when I was 7 years old, it seems like I lived another life.  Each phase from 1 to 10, 11 to 20, 21 to 30, 31 to 40, 41 to 50 seems like different stages of a big play and we are the main characters of our own movies.  In our minds we can rewind to memories that makes us smile, tear up or cringe.

While being a young teenager, I remember being so anxious to be 18.   Couldn't wait to be old enough.   Couldn't wait to leave home and live my own life.  Couldn't wait to meet my future husband.  Couldn't wait for a lot of things.  Looking back, I wish I had taken time to cherish those very moments of my life instead of being so anxious for the unknown.  Now, here I am and I totally miss my childhood.  Sometimes I wish I can just go back to being a little girl, so safe and well loved by mom, dad and so many families.  No responsibilities because life can be so harsh and if one is not strong enough, you're bound to feel defeated instead of succeeding.   Sometimes.  

At almost 52 years old, I'm indulging in my daily life cherishing every moment with the ones I love. Especially my two little granddaughters.  Oh how much I love and adore them.   Once you pass half a century old, you realize you have to make sure each moment count because you'll never know when death knocks at your door.  I cherish my children and I try not to judge them too harshly for the choices that they make because I myself didn't always make the right choices.

Thank you Lukas Graham for sharing your amazing talent with the world.    Thank you God for the gift of beautiful music.  What a dull life it would be without MUSIC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment