Monday, April 22, 2013

Amazing Grace

"My chains are gone,  I've been set free
My God, my Savior  has ransomed me
And like a flood,  His mercy rains.
Unending love, amazing grace."

When I think about these words, I want to flung myself to the ground and weep tears of gratitude and joy.  At the same time raise my hands in the air and scream Hallelujah at the top of my lungs!  That I, so insignificant and undeserving, have been snatched from the jaws of hell.  My sins have been bought and paid for with the blood of His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ.  How, then can I not strive to be the best that I can be.  To make a difference for good.

On Sundays I love listening to gospel music.  This is one of my favorite old time songs.  Except it's slightly  a little different from the original arrangement yet when I hear the lyrics it never fails to evoke tremendous gratitude from within.  It gets me teary every single time.

Yesterday, I accompanied my nephew Zack on the piano while he sang this song.  He is so young and have a beautiful voice and while he sings, I just wanted to cry.  I wondered if Zack even realize the words that his mouth utters.  How deep and how true it is, that all in all, it will be His MERCY and His GRACE that will save us all.   That we may stray so far away to the edge yet his unending love will follow us.  He will never give up on us even when we give up on ourselves. 

God is great and good.   His son Jesus Christ my Savior and Redeemer.  He and only He has "ransomed me"

Amazing Grace
How Sweet the sound
That Saved a Wretch like Me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see.

My whole life, I have always be a God loving, God fearing person because I had goodly parents that planted that seed in my heart until I know for myself and see for myself His role in my life and in this life.   

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow, the sun forbear to shine,
But God who called me here alone will be forever mine.

I stand truly AMAZED at His AMAZING GRACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment