Friday, April 19, 2013

"Silver Linings" by Kacey Musgraves

I've blogged about Kacey Musgraves in my original blog "Not so over the hill".  Totally became a fan when my daughter Sisilia introduced the song to me.  That was the "Merry Go Round" song.  I introduced the song to my son and then my son introduced me to this song a few months later.  "Silver Linings".  He has downloaded all Kacey's song and a great fan of her work. 

What I love about "Silver Linings" is the same reason why I love "Merry Go Round".  You listen to the lyrics and you think, "Man, she's so right."

"Woke up on the wrong side of rock bottom
We're all out of pennies and the well is done run dry."  
I can't count how many times in my life I've empty out our piggy banks because we ran out of money.  Those pennies go to Smith's Coinstar machine and it gets us through to the next day.  With gas, with food or laundry.  But you know what, it's okay.  That is just part of life.  And life is always beautiful.

"If you're ever gonna find a silver lining, there's gotta be a cloudy day."  This line reminds me of the saying:  "Things will get worse before they get better."  I have learned to be patient.  To endure well and life has taught me to be patient.  I hope my kids will eventually learn this important trait, patient.  In a generation where everything is at the tips of your fingers and handed to you instantly, you've still got to learn to be patient.  Things will come to you, but you've got to wait for it.  My daughter screams when her phone doesn't provide what she needs immediately.  This reminds of a video my trainer showed us at work.  Conan with C.K Louis about cell phones.  "You have to wait 'cause it's going out to space and then back!"  LOL. 

"If you're ever gonna find a four leaf clover, you gotta get a little dirt on your hands."  Yes, hard work always pays off.  I'm back to a 9-5 job and it's just at the perfect timing.  Before when my children were still little, and we needed a little more cash, I'd sit at an office and thought, "Even $100 per hour will not be worth my children's time".  I needed to be at their crossroads.   So I quit.  Found a work from home job and we were home free.  The bible always say that a lazy man can not wear a working man's cloth or eat a working man's bread.  I didn't mind the raggedy old car and the shabby house.  Soon enough I can get those things when my children are grown and gone and I'm back to work full force.  Well now I back to the rugged world of 9-5 and out of the house, it feels good and I'm looking forward to nicer things.

"If you want to fill your bottle up with lightning, you gotta have to stand in the rain."
"If you want to find a head to fit your shoulder, you've gonna have to go to the dance"
"If you wanna find a honey, you can't be scared of the bees."
"If you wanna see the forest, you're gonna have to look past the trees."

The arrangement of all her songs are simple but her lyrics are far from that.  They are deep and outrageously familiar.   She sings about the reality of life.  The oppositions that we face on a daily basis and that there's always a "SILVER LININGS".  I love Kacey Musgraves' music.  I know I'll post more about her and her upcoming songs that I haven't got a chance to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment