Friday, April 12, 2013

"It Won't Be Like This For Long"

For days now I've been contemplating creating a Musical Blog.  Blogging about where music takes me because MUSIC transport me everywhere.  To a Heavenly place, back in time, up to the future and sometimes it makes me cry because it reminds of someone.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a particular person.  No, people in my life, like my mother that has passed away.  My carefree childhood days back in the island.  Where my life totally depends on mom and dad and auntie Peta.  Music creates a yearning for things as they use to be in my childhood and the inevitable that only belongs to the future!

My baby girl Beverly Shania turned 12 on the 10th.  She's a young woman and determined not to sleep on our bed any longer.   I remember the day she was born, such a beautiful baby.  She's the last of my children.  All my girls are all grown up now.  Last night I kiss them one by one.  I shower my children every day with hugs and kisses because we'll never now what time may bring.

This song by Darius Rucker puts a smile on my face and a slightly small dagger in my heart.  Because he slowly takes me back to various stages of my childrens' lives.  When they were newborns and we thought the miserable and endless nights of agony waking up tending to them and sleep deprived will never end.  Up to the smelly diaper days where I was figuring out: 365 days x 5 to 6 changing with 7 children, two and a half years each.  That equals 30660 times of changing foul smelling diapers.  How did I survive?

Wheewww!  I thought it was never going to end.

In their older and more rebellious teen-age years where I wanted to send them back to the womb and let them remain there.   But this song  is so very true.   Especially the chorus part:  "IT Won't be like this for long...This phase is gonna fly by so baby just hold on.  It won't be like this for long".

"...He'd been up all nite Lay'n there in bed listen'n To his new born baby cry."

"One day soon you'll drop her off and she won't even know you're gone..." 

"Some day soon she'll be a teen-ager and he'll think that she hates him.."

"...Then he'll walk her down the isle"...

"One day soon that littel girl is gonna be all grown up and gone."

 Makes me cry all the time when he sings this line.  My oldest Sisilia is 22.  She's not married yet but one day she will.  Then one day soon enough, they will be all gone.  Darius Rucker is one of my all time favorite singer.  Even back to the days when he was part of the old timer group "Hootie and the Blowfish".  Love him then and love him now.   


No comments:

Post a Comment